Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More Testing and an Apron

Margot is having problems seeing the end of my posts. At the same time a friend reminded me that I might be making my photos too large for people with older computers. I'd forgotten about that, especially last time when I resized my photos a different way and could tell they were much larger than before. Meanwhile HP is still trying to figure out what's wrong with my printer/scanner. I feel like I'm without my left arm! So for now I'm testing what I've done in Photoshop--whether resizing the photos has been successful, and whether that has helped Margot and others.

In the meantime, just to keep this wearable artish, I'm including a photo of the quick apron I made for my niece Heidi who just got her Masters in family and child psychology. I guess they always stay little in your memory. I keep returning to that image of her being a day old, still in the hospital with her mom, curled up to Aga's leg as Aga sat knitting. (My mother and sister are knitting fiends!) Just as a memento of this new occasion, I tried out the crystal letters available at Walmart. They're not Swarovski but they do sparkle and from some angles, like in this photo, they are so subtle you can hardly see them--I think I have better photos where the sun hit them. I didn't follow the instructions because their way my design was falling off. I put a piece of parchment paper over the crystals and added the hot iron that way. It worked! Now I want to put crystals on everything I make. It beats sewing on sequins.

OK, I will write again very shortly. I've been asked to make 6 skirts for a high school production next week, so I'm working on quick and dirty all round. I'll be back to you as soon as I can. Meanwhile, here are some recent photos I took. I'm testing sizes and clarity for now.


First is our house in a spring rain. As you see we're below the street--I kind of like it--the slope for me is like a privacy barrier or a moat. It's so steep, nobody wants to come down into it. Second photo is the view from Dexter's house across the street from us. Dexter is the black and white cat who now owns two households.
The third photo I took at sunset yesterday--a brief view of the lake taken between two houses. Till next time, Rosalie (and please write to me)

No comments: